Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 2002 16:33:16 -0500
From:      "Morse, Richard E." <REMORSE@PARTNERS.ORG>
To:        "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Where to put miscellaneous startup commands?

Hi!  I want to make it so that when my system starts up, it sets compression on
the tape drive to off (I'm going to be using Amanda, with software compression).
So, somewhere during the startup sequence, I want to run the command:
	mt -f /dev/nrsa0 comp off

Where should I put this?  The comments in /etc/rc say that if I put an rc.local
file in, I need to do some weird sourcing to include the configuration info from
rc.conf.

Should I create a one-line shell script and put it in /usr/local/etc/rc.d?

Thanks,
Ricky