Date:      Wed, 25 Sep 2002 11:58:33 +0200
From:      "Julian Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        Paolo Pisati <p.pisati@oltrelinux.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hey, is there space for a newbie? =)

> when the time to write my final thesis in my university arrived
> i immediately thought to help in some way the FreeBSD group.

Nice, Thanks !

> -a fs with journaling: some times ago, i would like to develop
> my own fs with journaling, but right now i could even drop the
> dream of my own fs and JUST port the xfs/jfs for FreeBSD..

Journaling would support user level "Undelete" I presume ?  That would make
BSD more attractive to Micro$oft users, used to the luxury of "Undelete".

> add any other project you
> think could help the FreeBSD community in general.

An intelligent `learns as it goes' net tool, superior to `fetch' (no
disrespect to fetch intended),  with per host local database to
extend memory of net performance over weeks/months, that learns
where it is, which are it's fast routes, & minimum response times
to servers, where major servers are, & which are heavily/lightly
loaded, when in the day/week; to make intelligent decisions where
to go for ports distfiles, - capable by default of totaly automatic
self initialisation, (though initial hints from human should also
be allowed).

Julian Stacey	jhs@berklix.com   Computer Sys. Eng. & Unix Consultant, Munich
	Ihr Rauchen = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz !  Schnupftabak probieren.