Date:      Fri, 4 Dec 1998 10:28:20 -0600
From:      "kjh" <kjhmdjd@ix.netcom.com>
To:        <Freebsd-Stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   simple (?dumb) q. about ports

Are there separate ports trees for 2.2.7-STABLE and  - CURRENT or RELEASE?
The Handbook seems to indicate that the cvsup versioning tags don't apply to
the ports-all collection, but the freebsd.org web site has browsing links
for separate ports collections for STABLE and CURRENT.

I ask 'cause I'm using 2.2.7-STABLE, and cvsup'ing regularly, but ports via
ftp seem to have a *very* high rate of compile/install failures, including
but not limited to ELF v. a.out problems.

If I've not read something carefully enough, please point me in the right
direction!  Thanks for your time.

Kurt Hopfensperger