Date:      Sun, 9 Dec 2001 15:35:06 +0100
From:      Oliver Markovic <qgo@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Rear channel on SBLive (emu10k1)

Is there a way to get the rear channel working? Unmuting/muting or
raising/lowering the volume in any mixer doesn't work and I can't
find any other information. After a search in the archives it turns
out to be unsupported, but this message was dated somewhere in 2000.
I looked into the source of emu10k1.c and there was a mention of a
rear channel, but well.. kernel hacking is not one of my skills :-)

Did anybody add support for this in the meantime?