Date:      Fri, 12 Mar 1999 13:30:24 +0100
From:      Brad Knowles <blk@skynet.be>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Vinum questions?

Folks,

    Okay, so I have now torn down the Solaris 2.6/x86 anonymous ftp
server that I was working on, and have put FreeBSD 3.1-stable on it
instead.  I'm now trying to get vinum working correctly, so that I can
have my disk partitions back (I guess I should also get ssh installed on
there, because right now I'm going to have to manually re-type all the
vinum information ;-).

    Anyway, the one hurdle I'm trying to get over at the moment is that
vinum thinks that the devices /dev/da1c through /dev/da9c do not exist
(they do -- I created them with MAKEDEV), and therefore it refuses to
start the disks d1 through d9.  Without those disks, of course neither of
the two plexes start up, and of course the volume fails to start as well.

    Any suggestions?

    Oh, BTW -- I think I'm on the freebsd-stable list, but not the
freebsd-questions list, so if you'd make sure that either my personal
e-mail address or that of the freebsd-stable list is included in all
replies, I'd appreciate it.

    Thanks!

|o| Brad Knowles, <blk@skynet.be>            Belgacom Skynet NV/SA |o|
|o| Systems Architect, News/mail/FTP Admin   Rue Col. Bourg, 124   |o|
|o| Phone/Fax: +32-2-706.11.11/12.49         B-1140 Brussels       |o|
|o| http://www.skynet.be                     Belgium               |o|
                The Sky is no longer the limit