Date:      Thu, 22 Feb 2001 18:25:24 +0000
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   HEADS UP: textproc/docproj port updated, new applications to install

Hi folks,

Mea culpa.  I should have posted a heads up about this a few days ago.

If you're tracking the docs, you're strongly encouraged to install two
ports and their dependencies;

    graphics/eps2png
    graphics/netpbm

Right now, these are only necessary for two documents;

    doc/en_US.ISO_8859-1/articles/vm-design
                         books/design-44bsd

if you build the docs with 'FORMATS' variable that contains anything
other than 'txt'.  I expect the number of documents including graphics
to increase.

graphics/eps2png depends, in turn, on Ghostscript.  When you install
Ghostscript (or ig you have already installed it) you must check the
boxes that include support for PNG output.

I've updated textproc/docproj to reflect the new dependencies, and
bumped its version number, so if you use tools like pkg_version on a
periodic basis you should see this anyway.

I'm not averse to adding a flag (NO_GRAPHICS ?) to the Makefile's that
would skip building documents that have graphics in them, if people
think that's a good idea.  Be aware that over time this is going to give
you a smaller and smaller subset of available documents.