Date:      Wed, 29 Jul 1998 09:57:09 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Flemming Jacobsen <fj@login.dknet.dk>
Cc:        dburr@pobox.com (Donald Burr), freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, phk@FreeBSD.ORG, sos@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The future of the bt848 driver? (FW: cvs commit: CVSROOT avail)

Soren was well informed that we were revamping the Bt848 tuner detection
code and at the time of his committal we spent nearly two weeks decoding
the Hauppauge's eeprom for a flawless Hauppauge's tuner algorithm.

Additionally, I stated that we do have a mechanism for detecting cards/tuners
which don't have an eeprom however this sort of things takes time due
to the wide variety of Bt848 cards available. It is irresponsible for someone
like Soren to patch the driver in such a fashion without beta testing the
driver at large;addditionally, what he did is ethically tasteless.

	Amancio