Date:      11 Nov 2002 17:56:08 +0100
From:      Marc Recht <marc@informatik.uni-bremen.de>
To:        Mike Barcroft <mike@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: addition to cdefs

--=-+bmmEMJjB2lOWKFjnWIa

> I've had the attached patch in my tree for a while.  I'll try and get
> it and the <unistd.h> patch committed today.
Thanks! This solves some problems, but there are some left. Mostly socket=20
and rpc related. For example PF_INET and friends are undefined..

> The whole point of the standards constants is to specify a strict
> environment.  If you want a BSD environment don't specify a particular
> standard, it's simple.
I'm thinking more of it like an aggregation. IMHO it should be possible,
if the user wants to, to get POSIX 199506 and BSD.

Regards,
Marc

--=20
"Premature optimization is the root of all evil." -- Donald E. Knuth

--=-+bmmEMJjB2lOWKFjnWIa

--=-+bmmEMJjB2lOWKFjnWIa--