Date:      Tue, 18 Sep 2001 22:49:14 -0500
From:      Bob Van Valzah <Bob@BGPBook.Com>
To:        Chern Lee <chern@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>, Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Reviewers for Bootstrapping Vinum Doc

--------------050707000307090703020205

Glad you like it so far. Greg's comments on that version have been very
helpful. His bootstrapping method is vastly simpler than the one I'd
developed on my own. He's absolutely right about not rushing out with
the text that you reviewed.

I did the figures with xfig and translated them to eps with transfig.
Maybe I missed an option? I don't have the full and current docproj port
installed here and I can't claim to be an expert on markup or
formatting. So I suspect that once I have the content complete,  one of
you DocBook and formatting experts can whip it into shape pronto. I
think one of the three figures will go away in the next draft.

I am still waiting on Greg for final clarification of a couple of
points. I cranked out a lot last weekend and have adapted my head to use
Greg's method. I'll have some time waiting at airports and on planes
Wednesday and hope to be able to get another draft out for review by end
of day. Thursday is booked solid, but I expect to have more time to
incorporate reviewers' comments on Friday. I hope that can meet your
schedule.

    Bob

Chern Lee wrote:

>At a quick glance, your document looks great.  We'll have to do something
>about the rotated images in the PostScript output.  What are the original
>source files for these images?
>
>It would make a great addition to the Handbook print edition, but I'm not
>sure if we have the time.
>
>Greg, I know it's a lot to ask from your busy schedule, but do you have
>any time to spare to have this reviewed by the end of the week?
>
>I'd like to get this into the Handbook ASAP, if at all possible.
>
>If this is too much to ask for from both of you, perhaps this effort is
>best left for a later time--and the print edition can do without vinum.
>
>- chern
>
>On Sat, 15 Sep 2001, Bob Van Valzah wrote:
>
>>Ok, I have a document ready for your review. There's still a lot of
>>"tweaking" I'd do given the luxury of time, but I wanted to get you and
>>Greg something fast. It's about 25 pages. See http://www.BGPBook.Com/vinum/
>>
>>Comments welcome! (But please do not pass the above URL out for other
>>than review purposes).
>>
>>    Thanks,
>>
>>    Bob

--------------050707000307090703020205

<head>
</head>
Glad you like it so far. Greg's comments on that version have been very helpful.
His bootstrapping method is vastly simpler than the one I'd developed on
my own. He's absolutely right about not rushing out with the text that you
reviewed.<br>
I did the figures with xfig and translated them to eps with transfig. Maybe
I missed an option? I don't have the full and current docproj port installed
here and I can't claim to be an expert on markup or formatting. So I suspect
that once I have the content complete, &nbsp;one of you DocBook and formatting
experts can whip it into shape pronto. I think one of the three figures will
go away in the next draft.<br>
I am still waiting on Greg for final clarification of a couple of points.
I cranked out a lot last weekend and have adapted my head to use Greg's method.
I'll have some time waiting at airports and on planes Wednesday and hope
to be able to get another draft out for review by end of day. Thursday is
booked solid, but I expect to have more time to incorporate reviewers' comments
on Friday. I hope that can meet your schedule.<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Bob<br>
Chern Lee wrote:<br>