Date:      Sun, 10 Nov 1996 14:36:47 -0700 (MST)
From:      Wes Peters <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        Peter deFriesse <peter@oitunix.oit.umass.edu>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NFS mount < FreeBSD > PC w/ Sun PCNFS

Peter deFriesse writes:
 >   I am attempting to mount filesystems from FreeBSD on a PC running
 > Sun's PCNFS client.
 >
 >   Mount is possible if I do a "NET NAME USERNAME *" (where USERNAME
 > is a valid username on the FreeBSD host) and enter the password when
 > prompted.  However, if I allow the PC to default to "nobody" the
 > mount fails.
 >
 > [...]
 >
 >   I would be most grateful if someone would point me to the right
 > document...

You probably don't have a user "nobody" on your server.  Find out
where the PC-NFS client puts its error messages and look there, or
look at the syslog on your server system for failed connect messages
from mountd.  In general, if the mount works for one username and not
for another, the problem is with the username and not the general
configuration.