Date:      Thu, 26 Feb 1998 15:15:10 -0500 (EST)
From:      Charles Owens <owensc@enc.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable List <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: cvs update fails

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > Ummm...  anyone ever seen this?
>
> Yes, once when my CVS repository was corrupted.  Are you sure yours is
> kosher?  You might try removing src/contrib/cvs/src/rcs.c and
> re-cvsuping it just to make sure.

Hmmm... I might suspect this, but I can do a cvs update on another box
from the same repository without any trouble.

Here's how things are set up:

Two systems:
	Delta - runs 2.2-970618-RELENG (currently up for 191 days!)
		/usr/cvs  - master CVS repository, updated nightly
				via cvsup
		/usr/bigstuff/src
			local tree of RELENG_2_2

	Dingo - runs 2.2.5-STABLE (a few days old)
		/usr/cvs - NFS mount of delta:/usr/cvs
		/usr/bigstuff/RELENG_2_2/src
			local tree of RELENG_2_2

It is on dingo where I'm having 'cvs update' die today.

I just now ran 'cvs update' on delta with no trouble, which would seem to
say that there's no problem with the repository.

The only difference that I can see is that dingo NFS-mounts the repository
and that it is running a newer OS version (neither of which I'd expect to
be a problem).  I've had no problem running 'cvs update' and 'make world'
on dingo serveral times this month.

Weird...

---
  Charles N. Owens                               Email:  owensc@enc.edu
                                             http://www.enc.edu/~owensc
  Network & Systems Administrator
  Information Technology Services  "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's
  Eastern Nazarene College         best friend.  Inside of a dog it's
                                   too dark to read." - Groucho Marx