Date:      Sun, 14 Jan 1996 22:45:12 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
To:        paul@netcraft.co.uk
Cc:        jhs@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ctm-cvs

> I'm getting towards the end of something like a 16 hour download of this
> file and I've only got one phone line to the house so the people I share
> with aren't happy :-)
>
> Can they be split in some way so that you can download it in batches, I could
> have grabbed a chunk each night then when people have gone to bed. Apart
> from that, I'm constantly on edge in case freefall drops the connection and
> 16 hours is wasted.....

ftp has a restart option.  Very usefull.

> Not that I'm ever going to do this again now I'm almost in sync but other
> people will run into this problem when they need to bootstrap ctm.

There general strategy is to provide deltas from the CD's.  This may even
make sense as in
	ctmdelta (CD:src, Freefall:cvs)
but I havn't tested that yet.

Yes, that delta is big, and unhandy, so make a backup when you have it,
and never loose it again.

Maybe we will start to put something on the CD's to make this less
painfull.

Remember with SUP you would be pulling all of his every time we tag
the tree...

If a bunch of people would take over the role of driving force for
CTM I would support them as best I can, I don't have the time to drive
that too right now...

whois: [PHK]                | phk@ref.tfs.com       TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
Future will arrive by its own means, progress not so.