Date:      Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:52:23 -0500
From:      Louis LeBlanc <FreeBSD@keyslapper.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SA, Bayes, and You (erm, Me)

On 01/12/05 05:37 AM, Eric F Crist sat at the `puter and typed:
> On Jan 11, 2005, at 11:09 PM, Olivier Nicole wrote:
>
> >> However, when I read the
> >> headers of any messages, I notice that they ALL say 'autolearn=no',
> >> even though I've enabled autolearn in local.cf (bayes_auto_learn 1).
> >
> > There is something with the threshold for auto learning.
> >
> > olivier
>
> I've got the threshold turned down to 6.0.  Still nothing.

There's still more to it than that.  Mail::SpamAssassin::Conf(3) has
the following:

   bayes_auto_learn_threshold_spam n.nn    (default: 12.0)
       The score threshold above which a mail has to score, to be fed into
       SpamAssassin's learning systems automatically as a spam message.

       Note: SpamAssassin requires at least 3 points from the header, and
       3 points from the body to auto-learn as spam.  Therefore, the mini-
       mum working value for this option is 6.

So, a message can score 25 points off the body and 2 off the headers,
and it will not be autolearned.

Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc               FreeBSD@keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     ԿԬ

Abbott's Admonitions:
  (1) If you have to ask, you're not entitled to know.
  (2) If you don't like the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question.
    -- Charles Abbot, dean, University of Virginia