Date:      Sun, 5 Jan 2003 10:20:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Mark Stosberg <mark@summersault.com>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/42406: Compatibility of USB equipments

The following reply was made to PR i386/42406; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Mark Stosberg <mark@summersault.com>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, start_3.1415926@163.net
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 13:07:47 +0100

 I experienced the same issue with FreeBSD 4.7 and solved it save way-- turning
 on USB support in the BIOS. On my last my machine, which was much older, the
 BIOS didn't appear to offer this feature. The workaround was to borrow a PS/2
 keyboard if I needed to use it before FreeBSD booted and turned on it's own
 USB keyboard support.

   Mark