Date:      Mon, 29 Nov 2010 09:40:53 -0500
From:      bluethundr <bluethundr@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ssh-agent and ssh-add on FreeBSD

Hey list

 On my CentOS machines I usually keep track of my rsa key with
ssh-agent, ssh-add and keychain

 I would like to know

a) how to install keychain under FreeBSD
and
b) how to fix this error:

[bluethundr@LBSD2:~]#ssh sum1
Enter passphrase for key '/home/bluethundr/.ssh/id_rsa':
[bluethundr@LBSD2:~]#exec ssh-agent bash
[bluethundr@LBSD2:~]#ssh-add
Could not open a connection to your authentication agent.a

Whenever I try to ssh to another box on the network (with a homedir
shared amongst all centos  and FreeBSD machines) it prompts me for my
passphrase. Usually on the CentOS boxes exec ssh-agent bash does the
trick. Anyone have any idea why this isn't working on the FreeBSD box?

thanks!!

--
Here's my RSA Public key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys B6D6EAC3