Date:      Tue, 24 Jul 2001 04:10:08 GMT
From:      "Lanny Baron" <lnb@FreeBSDsystems.COM>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   weird problem when upgrading brand new box

Hello,
I just installed fbsd4.3 and upgraded to -STABLE. Did the usual, make
update, make buildworld, make buildkernel, make installkerrnel and make
installworld.

The problem is upon reboot. The boot process stops just before a panic and
there was a prompt to boot a device. I have not seen this before. In any
event I could not boot -s and load kernel.old as it said  kernel.old not
found. Additionally the message just before it crashes out says device ad
not found.

I had then reinstalled again and upon booting the same problem, with the
exception that I can boot -s with kernel.old.

Anyone know what might be going on here?

Thanks in advance.

 -Lanny