Date:      Mon, 18 Jul 2011 12:16:09 +0100
From:      Gabor Kovesdan <gabor@FreeBSD.org>
To:        soc-status@freebsd.org
Subject:   regex status report #8

Hi,

I found and fixed a bug related to the BSD-specific REG_STARTEND
extension. My fixed string matching code works now but there are some
cases when it segfaults. Now I'm trying to investigate why it happens.
In general, the code seems to scale well and I expect the fixed string
matching to beat the NFA code if the pattern is long enough.

Apart from this, I built a small test framework and I added some test
cases for BREs. I will add some more for EREs and in the future the
GNU-specific extensions will have another test suite when they are
implemented but it's a lower priority for now.

Gabor