Date:      Sun, 17 Sep 2000 18:38:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
Cc:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>, alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   If we could just figure this one out....

If you sort objects in the loader by size, this one is always the top sizes..

0000000000008ba0 T twoConstParen
00000000000021c0 T ficlCompileCore
0000000000002000 B stack
00000000000019c0 t gcc2_compiled.
0000000000001328 D z_errmsg

A little sleuthing, though, finds that the object z_errmsg is only 0x50 bytes
in size. Hmm -We'd definitely reclaim all the space we needed if we could
figure out why there seems to be this padding.

Any ideas? This comes out of libstand.a. I'll try linker optimizations to see
if this can be shrunk!

-matt