Date:      Thu, 8 Nov 2001 10:04:47 -0700
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        Nick Hibma <n_hibma@qubesoft.com>
Cc:        Scott Long <scott_long@btc.adaptec.com>, Thomas Quinot <quinot@inf.enst.fr>, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI->IDE

On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 15:41:15 -0000, Nick Hibma wrote:
> How do you inform the upper layers that only 10+ byte commands are
> allowed? (12 byte in the case of ATAPI).

There's no way to do it at the moment.

We'll need to come up with a mechanism for doing it.

Handling passthrough is another matter, since users can send any command
through.

Probably the thing to do there is just fail the command with an appropriate
error if the user tries to send a 6 byte command down.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@kdm.org