Date:      Mon, 28 Dec 1998 12:47:22 -0800
From:      brian@worldcontrol.com
To:        "Richard Seaman, Jr." <dick@tar.com>
Cc:        Brian Feldman <green@unixhelp.org>, emulation@FreeBSD.ORG, dick@ns.tar.com
Subject:   Re: StarOffice 5.0?

On Mon, Dec 28, 1998 at 12:42:45PM -0600, Richard Seaman, Jr. wrote:
> Yes.  Do you have Andrzej Bialecki's proc/cmdline patches
> installed?  They seem to be necessary for me.  Other than
> that, I don't really have any suggestions.  People other
> than me do have soffice 5.0 running, but I'm not sure
> its more than a handful.

I guess I should admit to having it working.

> If you've got the latest -current, with COMPAT_LINUX_THREADS
> turned on for both your kernel and for "make world", and
> you have the proc/cmdline patches installed, and you still
> have the same problem, let me know.  I'll uninstall
> StarOffice and try reinstalling and see what happens here.

That seems right to me.  However, while http://lt.tar.com
mentions adding COMPAT_LINUX_THREADS to the kernel conf,
config reports 'unknown option COMPAT_LINUX_THREADS'.

However,

CFLAGS= -O2 -m486 -pipe -DCOMPAT_LINUX_THREADS
COPTFLAGS= -O -pipe -DCOMPAT_LINUX_THREADS

in /etc/make.conf and a make world/kernel builds seems to do
the right thing.

I've been able to run soffice with both the linux_lib 2.6 port libraries
and the libs from the StarOffice tar file.

However, when I first got soffice running, pre Dec 10th, the online
registration feature did not work.  Since the advent of
'COMPAT_LINUX_THREADS' the online registration features has worked.
Though I should admit that when I moved to COMPAT_LINUX_THREADS I
also installed the libraries from the StarOffice tar file in place
of the linux_lib 2.6 libraries.

--
Brian Litzinger <brian@litzinger.com>