Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 1996 11:09:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   BOOT.FLP hanging

I've got a problem machine I'm trying to get FreeBSD 2.1R installed on.
It's a Pentium, 66Mhz, PCI bus with ALI chipset, Award Modular Bios ver
4.50G.  Basically, even with all controllers and network cards (except
floppy and wd0) disabled, the machine hangs after it reports the following

npx0 on motherboard
npx0: INT 16 interface

no disk activity, though if we disable the floppy controller, the floppy
light stays lit.

Anyone know what the problem is?  I'm going to try a few other boot disks
(2.0.5, 2.2snap, whatever else I can find).