Date:      Wed, 23 Feb 2005 23:29:52 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Jacob S" <stormspotter@6Texans.net>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Different OS's? Marketshare

Whoh there Jacob.  What are you talking about?

The only software that runs under the linux compatability layer is
compiled
linux binaries where the source isn't available.  All the programs you
mentioned above are source available, and they are all compiled to native
FreeBSD binaries under FreeBSD.

Ted