Date:      Wed, 01 Sep 2010 03:51:11 +0200
From:      Frank Razenberg <frank@zzattack.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   kernel panic when accessing /dev/tap0

  Hi,

Robert Watson described a problem in this discussion:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-stable/2006-May/025880.html
Currently I'm experiencing a similar problem, but on amd64 and FreeBSD
8.1 Release. Accessing /dev/tap0 instantly results in a kernel panic, so
it's most likely if_tap related. Is this a known problem? I've started
encountering it ever since I rebuilt my kernel with "options vimage".

cpuid = 1; apic id = 01
fault virtual address = 0x28

If more debugging information is required I will gladly provide it.

Frank Razenberg