Date:      Mon, 02 Oct 2000 17:24:01 +0200
From:      Michael Grant <mgrant@grant.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   strange messages when booting

I've just upgraded my 3.4-stable to 3.5-stable (RELENG_3).

Now, when I boot, I see two strange messages:

Bad SMBIOS table checksum!
ahc0: <Adaptec 2940 Pro Ultra SCSI adapter> rev 0x01 int a irq 5 on
pci0.10.0
ahc0: aic7880 Wide Channel A, SCSI Id=7, 16/255 SCBs
ahc1: <Adaptec aic7895 Ultra SCSI adapter> rev 0x04 int a irq 11 on
pci0.12.0
ahc1: Illegal cable configuration!!. Only two connectors on the adapter
may be used at a time!
ahc1: aic7895 Wide Channel A, SCSI Id=7, 16/255 SCBs
ahc2: <Adaptec aic7895 Ultra SCSI adapter> rev 0x04 int b irq 11 on
pci0.12.1
ahc2: Using left over BIOS settings
ahc2: aic7895 Wide Channel B, SCSI Id=7, 16/255 SCBs

I searched the archives.  Several people reported the bad checksum but
nobody ever replied with an answer.  The second illegal cable config
also showed up in the archives only once but again without an answer.

Anyone made any progress on fixing these?  The machine boots and all
seems ok, so at least they're not fatal.

-Mike