Date:      Sat, 4 Apr 1998 10:29:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Kevin G. Eliuk" <kevin_eliuk@sunshine.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   exec: makewhatis: not found ?

Hello all,

The error message "exec: makewhatis: not found" has shown up
in my most recent '/etc/weekly', and I am having a little trouble
deducing why.

# uname -a
FreeBSD kevin.isadora.org 2.2-971216-SNAP FreeBSD 2.2-971216-SNAP
#0: Sun Jan 11 23:14:41 PST 1998
cagey@kevin.isadora.org:/usr/src2/sys/compile/KEVINB  i386

# ls -lo /usr/bin/make*
[ snip ]
-r-xr-xr-x  1 bin  bin  - 12102 Dec 16 03:18 /usr/bin/makewhatis

# which makewhatis
/usr/bin/makewhatis

# ls -lo /usr/libexec/makewhatis.local
-r-xr-xr-x  2 bin   bin  -    2274 Dec 16 03:18 makewhatis.local

I cannot think of anything that has happened in the last week to
change anything.  I added MANPATH to my profile in a desperate
attempt.

Could you give me any idea where to look for why, and how to repair
this?

Thanx :)

--
Regards and Best Wishes,             |  Way too many Bill-Boards on
Kevin G. Eliuk                       |    the information highway.