Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2000 15:25:35 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Build status

On 2000-Apr-18 08:07:45 +1000, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com> wrote:
>> As for the lists being tedious and long: I've sorted the content by
>> relevance, and it was my hope that over time they would shrink to
>> zero if we annoyed people enough with them.
>
>I think that's too much annoyance, really.  I can see most people
>simply unsubscribing from -current in the face of a mail that long and
>tedious

IMHO, it's not such a bad idea.  freebsd-current _is_ the place to
report problems with -current, why can't the report be produced by a
daemon?  All the MUA's I've ever used allowed me to delete a mail
before reading all of it, so I don't see that having detailed
information (at the end) is a real issue (though it might be for
someove paying by the byte).

Comments:
- I hope it has a well-defined subject so it can be easily recognized.
- I presume it's built using the default make.conf.
- It would be nice if it reported changes since the previous day (or
  successful build).  This would make it easier to see what has been
  broken recently.

Peter