Date:      Thu, 1 Aug 2002 09:24:21 +0930
From:      Brian Astill <bastill@sa.apana.org.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        jdunham@m3designinc.com
Subject:   Re: [OT] WinNT monitor change problem

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002 08:43, Jerry Dunham wrote:
> On 31 Jul 2002, at 18:53, Andrew Gosling wrote:
> > F8 on startup, select safe mode, change settings and restart.
> >
> > I think XP has 800x600 as it's lowest res, so if your monitor can't
> > handle that, your screwed.
>
> The easiest way is just to put the larger monitor back on long enough
> to get the settings the way you want them.  If that monitor isn't
> available, surely there's one SOMEwhere handy that you can use.  Yes,
> it's a kluge, but this is Windows, remember?  Next time, remember to
> set the display setting to the lowest settings before attempting to
> move to a lesser monitor.

Unfortunately - you horrible nasty person :-) - you are probably right!
I CAN do this, but what a messy solution.
BTW it is my fault for giving the wrong impression, but I am actually using
WinNT4-SP6a, not XP.
Whatever ... sadly, I think your advice is the only one that will work <sob>.

--
Regards,
Brian