Date:      Wed, 20 Feb 2002 22:15:03 +0000
From:      "S Roberts" <sroberts84@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   re: Post-Install Config from FBSD 4.4 Cd-ROM - Out of Sync Boot Floppy?

Hello All,
     I'm running 4.5 Stable - upgraded from initial 4.4 Release install from
FreeBSD CD-Set.

I figured on installing more packages that I want to familiarize myself with
(eg: Afterstep Window Manager). I insert CD-1 and fire up sysinstall and
navigate the menu to where I have to select media - I select FreeBSD CD-ROM.

After this though, I get a warning that the disk selcted is out of date with
the boot floppy (4.4 Release Vs 4.5 Stable). Needless to say I then
proceeded to back out of my intended installation of Afterstep. I want to
check with you guys first.

What gives? Is it really *that* bad to use the 4.4 Release CD to do post
installation after upgrading the system?

I'm aware of the fact that the new kernel installed would have some new
modules and procedures included, but if there's a way of installing extra
packages from the 4.4 CD-Set, please let me know.

Thanks to all that might respond.

Regards,

Stacey