Date:      Thu, 8 Jul 1999 18:58:00 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jay Nelson <jdn@acp.qiv.com>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Formatting Help

On Thu, 8 Jul 1999, Nik Clayton wrote:

> [...]
[snip]

>I'm interested.  Specifically, the JadeTeX port would then have a Makefile
>option that determines which of the two it uses, so the end user can
>choose for themselves -- they might already have one or the other
>installed, for example.

OK. Right now, I'm still trying to find the magic incantation to get
teTeX's configuration to do the right thing with memory, which, at
this point, it doesn't appear to be doing -- or I've misunderstood the
relationship of the extra_ params to the wired in params.

With traditional TeX, you edit the correct values in the source. I
know this works as expected at the price of flexibility. A vanilla
install of tex-3.14159,though, won't have memory values large enough
for JadeTeX. This could cause a problem for the docproj port.

As soon as the French translation problems are solved, I'll give it a
go and we can find out if it's worth considering.

-- Jay