Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 1995 16:07:32 +0100 (MET)
From:      grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
To:        hm@altona.hamburg.com
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Hackers)
Subject:   Re: Who's working on ISDN?

Hellmuth Michaelis writes:

>> From the keyboard of Greg Lehey:
>
>> Various people in the Linux group over here (who have a marginally
>> working Teles driver) have approached Teles and tried to get
>> information about the cards, so far without success.  I'll give these
>> guys a call on Monday and discuss the matter with them.  I've heard
>> from other sources that they're interested in a UNIX driver, but so
>> far they haven't been able to show anything.  Possibly we could come
>> to an agreement with them.  I'll report more when I've spoken to them.
>
> There is no need to talk to Teles, they refuse to give out docs to anyone
> so far.

*Sigh* Yes, that's what I had heard too.  I thought that Jordan might
have been on to something.  I still don't mind calling them up, since
it looks as if we might be on to a better route to the real info, but
it won't do any harm to compare notes.  Do you think that the idea of
a US (or other foreign) commercial company would make a difference?
Maybe I can swing something there.

> In the meantime, since the U-ISDN and isdn4linux Linux drivers,
> the structure of the boards is pretty obvious and (through written code
> in the drivers mentioned above and below) documented

Well, I don't know if they're documented.  I've just about been able
to figure out a control flow.  The whole Linux teles module has about
5 comments.

> so the missing hard-
> ware docs is not the problem in writing a driver for these cards anymore.

Well, it *does* make them easier.

> The 0.2 ii driver from Dietmar Friede and Juergen Krause which Jordan sent
> out some weeks ago has support for the Teles/Creatix boards and is (after
> some serious debugging) halfway (better quarterway) working.

Well, that's good news, anyway.  Jordan, where is it?

Greg