Date:      Fri, 4 Dec 1998 09:33:36 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        kjh <kjhmdjd@ix.netcom.com>
Cc:        Freebsd-Stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: simple (?dumb) q. about ports

On Fri, 4 Dec 1998, kjh wrote:

>I ask 'cause I'm using 2.2.7-STABLE, and cvsup'ing regularly, but ports via
>ftp seem to have a *very* high rate of compile/install failures, including
>but not limited to ELF v. a.out problems.
>
>If I've not read something carefully enough, please point me in the right
>direction!  Thanks for your time.

There is one sort of "gotcha". Read http://www.freebsd.org/pors/ closely
for "upgrade kits". This might help. I don't know the full details but the
include files in the upgrade kits are rather simple.

If you don't go to that website often, then you might not have seen this.
HTH!

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/