Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 2003 12:55:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      David Yeske <dyeske@yahoo.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        hendrik@scholz.net, Mario <lioux@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: transcode: how to compile additional export modules

Transcode has some problems that I am also working on.  Part of configure has broken the jpg
related configuration, the openquicktime option is broken, lzo is not autodetected, and possibly
some other issues.  If anyone else is working on this please let me know...

Maybe this brings up a larger issue?  If pkg_add -r is used, than how will a user know how
transcode was compiled?  When should PACKAGE_BUILDING be used in a Makefile like this?  Should
ports with multiple optional dependencies have a WITH_ALL flag to simplify getting all the bells
and whistles?  Should those same ports have a WITHOUT_ALL flag to simplify getting the port to be
built with a minimal number of dependencies?

Regards,
David Yeske