Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 2001 06:49:38 -0500
From:      "Joe Oliveiro" <joe@fasti.net>
To:        "Paul M . Lambert" <plambert@plambert.net>, "'freebsd-questions@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Limiting number of downloads per user in Apache??

I think he's looking to limit the number of concurrent downloads. Which
isn't possible on an individual user basis.

 The only other solution to this that I can see is actually rate limiting
apache either via apache itself or ipfw (that's what I use). Or you might
want to setup one server of this website an a different one for the rest of
your stuff so you can limit the bandwidth used for the site but not affect
the other(s) your hosting, if any.