Date:      Sat, 9 Jan 1999 11:50:32 -0500 (EST)
From:      Spidey <spidey@jsp.umontreal.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Installing a fresh FreeBSD from my machine to a 486.

Hi!

I'm am in a need for spreading a good FreeBSD virus (the os..) to 10 486
stations. I wonder what could be the better way.

I will buy the CD soon, be assured, but for now, the only options I have
are ethernet cards, and floppy drives... No CD's yet for these oldies.

I could probably connect them to my PC. But could I do a fresh install,
just with what's in my /usr/src and /usr/obj??? Or do I need the source
code in the bin.?? and the like?

Could I recreate a bin.aa, bin.ab, ..., bin.?? distribution from my
current source tree?

I know I can use NFS to make multiple upgrades after a make buildworld.
Could this feature be exploited to do not only a upgrade, but a full
install???

Thanks a lot.

Spidey

How 'bout a little ride through your own world?
http://www.JSP.UMontreal.CA/~beaupran/