Date:      Fri, 18 Jun 2004 12:23:42 -0300 (ADT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   New AOpen AX4SPE-UN Motherboard fails to boot ...

I've been running an AX4B-533 motherboard for the longest time, but, in
order to make use of an SATA drive I just bought, I figured I'd upgrade
the motherboard instead of buying an interface card ... got the
motherboard, transfer'd all my old components to the new one ... and boot
hangs.

I can get to the BIOS, it recognizes my drives ... it gets to the boot
blocks, where I can hit F1 to go to FreeBSD ... then it just sits there
indefinitely ...

I know that hitting F1 has done something, since the screen scrolls up a
couple of lines, same as when it boots normally, but instead of getting
that 'twirling -' that I would expect, nothing ...

Has anyone had experience with the AX4SPE-UN board?  Is there something
semi-obvious I should be trying?  A BIOS setting that I need to change
from the default maybe?

The system is running -CURRENT last updated on June 11th ...

Thanks ...

----