Date:      Sat, 22 Apr 2000 23:56:18 +1000 (EST)
From:      andrew@ugh.net.au
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PGP passphrases broken

Hi,

I have a machine that was running 3.4-STABLE and had PGP 5.0i
installed. Everything was working fine. The machine died (drive
failure) and has now been rebuilt, running 4.0-STABLE but again with the
pgp 5.0i port.

Unfortunatly now no one can "unlock" their secret keyring...pgp says their
passphrase is incorrect. I have my key on another another machine as well
and I can unlock it there. I've tried scping it from the working machine
but it doesn't help...it still says I'm getting my passphrase wrong.

I'm guessing it must be a library or some change to the port as it is
affecting all users. I cant see anything that would have caused it in cvs.

Thanks,

Andrew