Date:      Fri, 20 Oct 2000 15:21:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
To:        Raymond Brighenti <bargi@webfront.net.au>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: limit bandwidth for users dir

> Hi,
>
> Possibly something in Apache may do it, but I'd say what your going to have
> to do is have the directories on 2 different IP addresses and use something
> like Dummynet to restrict the bandwidth to the IP(s)

mod_bandwidth (for Apache) can limit bandwidth based on virtual hosts,
source addresses, directories, and possibly a few other things.  It
can be found in
'http://www.apache.org/dist/contrib/modules/1.3/apache-contrib-1.0.8.tar.gz'.

Hope this helps

Dima

> Ray
>
> At 09:49 AM 20/10/00 +0200, you wrote:
> >Hi!
> >
> >We have problem with some users and
> >want to limit bandwith for them,
> >for example:
> >
> >/www/user1/public_html/ <- good user only text files
> >/www/user2/public_html/ <- bad user a lot of movies
> >
> >Is it possible to limith bandwith for only
> >user2's directory ?
> >
> >I haven't found anything that suit our needs =/
> >
> >Best regards
> >
> >Johan
> >
> >--
> >Spray Network Services
> >Stockholm | Sweden
> >Cell: +46(0)708 402 836

Dima Dorfman <dima@unixfreak.org>
Finger dima@unixfreak.org for my public PGP key.

If only God would give me some clear sign!  Like making a large deposit
in my name at a Swiss bank.