Date:      Sat, 16 Feb 2008 13:50:06 GMT
From:      Volker <volker@vwsoft.com>
To:        freebsd-acpi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/67309: zzz reboot computer (ACPI S3)

The following reply was made to PR kern/67309; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Volker <volker@vwsoft.com>
To: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org, dsh@wizard.volgograd.ru
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 14:48:32 +0100

 > Yes, zzz still reboots my notebook. I've just tried on
 >
 > FreeBSD localhost.my.domain 6.3-STABLE FreeBSD 6.3-STABLE #0: Sat Jan
 > 19 21:27:45 MSK 2008
 > dsh@localhost.my.domain:/var/FreeBSD/obj/var/FreeBSD/src/sys/MYNERIC
 > i386
 >
 > It switch off LCD and HDD and after that reboot the notebook but with
 > disabled LCD.

 Denis,

 please have a look at the handbook acpi section:

 http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/acpi-debug.html

 and provide the following information:

 `dmesg'
 `sysctl hw.acpi'
 `apm'

 Have you checked if `apm -Z' is working? I'm wondering if you're able to
 check for a BIOS update?

 acpi-team: can you please try to help? Or is this issue more appropriate
 to mobile@?