Date:      Wed, 16 Apr 2003 19:16:23 +0200
From:      Lauri Watts <lauri@kde.org>
To:        CARTER Anthony <a.carter@cordis.lu>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fwd: KDE3.1.1a

--Boundary-02=_r/Yn+MMuXUVRI38

On Wednesday 16 April 2003 15.25, CARTER Anthony wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My icons form /home/user/Desktop don't show up on my desktop...Any ideas?

Is KDesktop actually running? You can quickly check by seeing if Alt+F2 pop=
s=20
up the 'run' dialog.=20

If not, start it, from a terminal, with 'kdeinit_wrapper kdesktop', then lo=
g=20
out with a saved session, and log back in, to make sure it's being started=
=20
correctly with the session.

If it is, then check in KControl that you didn't inadvertantly turn off the=
=20
display of desktop icons.  It's in the Desktop -> Behavior module, the opti=
on=20
'Enable icons on desktop' should be checked.

Regards,
=2D-=20
Lauri Watts
KDE on FreeBSD: http://freebsd.kde.org/