Date:      Fri, 14 Jun 2002 14:50:40 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Alexander V Zubchenko <stalker@hermes-comp.zp.ua>
To:        =?koi8-r?B?6czY0SD7ydDJw8nO?= <ilia@academy.urc.ac.ru>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ipfw: outgoing connections only

Greetings!

On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, Илья Шипицин wrote:

> for example, I want to allow incoming tcp/udp connections to certain
> ports, i.e. tcp1..tcpN, udp1...udpN. And I want to allow any outgoing
> connection from that machine.
>
> I'm not sure about ipfw rules, any advice ?
Look ipfw(8) man-page for details. You can add something like:
ipfw add allow tcp from any to me <ports-spec> in via <iface> \
keep-state #To allow incoimng for specific ports
ipfw add allow ip from me to any out via <iface>
(to allow any outcoming connections).

port-spec is port|port-port|port:mask|<port-spec>,<port-spec>...

As i already said look at manpage. There enough info, imho. Keep-state
create dynamic rules to bypass this connection. Lifetime controlled by
sysctl variables.

Hope, this help.

Alexander V Zubchenko,		E-Mail: stalker@hermes-comp.zp.ua
System Administrator,		WWW: http://www.hermes-comp.zp.ua/