Date:      Sat, 9 Jan 1999 17:20:40 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Patrick Mackeown <pgm@test.ns.demon.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Mouse won't work

It's a wee bit trivial I know, but I can't get the mouse working

it's a PS/2 on /dev/psm0

If I link /dev/sysmouse or /dev/mouse to /dev/psm0 then startx won't work
Fatal error: mouse device is not configured and if I don't then startx
will work but the mouse doesn't move. I used to be able to make the mouse
work in /stand/sysinstall configure mouse with auto and port PS/2 /dev/psm0
But since I've fiddled with it, even that won't work any more!

pat
And if I run moused -p /dev/psm0 -t ps/2 I get
device is not configured