Date:      Mon, 7 May 2001 20:49:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
To:        scanner@jurai.net
Cc:        Jeff Neuffer <jneuffer@nscom.com>, "'freebsd-isp@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Intel PRO/100 "teaming"

On Mon, 7 May 2001 scanner@jurai.net wrote:

> On Mon, 7 May 2001, Jeff Neuffer wrote:
>
> > Has anyone or does anyone know if the Intel PRO/100 NICS can be used in
> > "teaming mode" under FreeBSD?
>
> I have not read the link below yet, but I can tell from the name ts one of
> those "features" Intel swears to god is a trade secret and refuses to let
> out doco for.

  Yes, and you need to make sure it is compatible with your etherswitch.
Most switches (most switches being Cisco) support Etherchannel, which
"teaming" might be compatible with.  Some switches support 802.3ad, Link
Aggregation, which is at least a standard.  Since the world is moving to
802.3ad, I would say that it is the way to go, rather that Intel teaming,
or EtherChannel.

Tom