Date:      Sat, 31 Dec 2005 15:52:15 +0300
From:      "Andrew P." <infofarmer@gmail.com>
To:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to convert BIND to TinyDNS?

On 12/31/05, Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com> wrote:

> Why are you bothering?  TinyDNS isn't the "standard" nameserver that
> everyone and their dog has been using for time out of mind.

Agreed. Personally, I respect software diversity in a very deep
way and acknowledge that the one and only dns server standard
is a bad thing for everyone. The thing is that there's been no
success in creating an open-source alternative that works. I
also respect djb, but his outright arrogance makes the users of
his software suffer.