Date:      Fri, 2 Jun 2000 21:32:08 -0500
From:      "Josh Paetzel" <jpaetzel@hutchtel.net>
To:        "Daniel" <dguevel@infovia.com.ar>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: size

How much size you need depends on how much you are going to install.  I have
three boxes with FreeBSD on them.  My pathetic 386 runs Freebsd 2.1.5 off of
a 60 meg hard drive.  Not much on the system, though.  Basically just a
terminal.  My gimpy 486 runs FreeBSD 3.4 on a 425 meg drive.  That box has
kernel sources and X on it.  It also is running DNS and Apache for my home
network.  My real computer has a 2 gig partition on it for FreeBSD 4.0 and
spending too much time in the ports collection is making me wish I had left
more space for FreeBSD.

> Where can I find a list of compatible freeare applications?.

http://www.freebsd.org/ports/

Here you will find what for me is one of the best things about
FreeBSD...other than the fact that it's one of the best operating systems
for a PC there is.  :)