Date:      Sun, 4 Nov 2001 15:38:17 -0800
From:      Sean Ellis <sellis@intergate.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipfw script values

Hello,

	I edited a general-purpose firewall rule script and use it on
a dual homed machine. It provides nat and filtering. My question
is, right now I have the value for the external interface ip number
'hard-wired' into the script. No problem, but the machine picks up
this number via dhcp, so I'd like to have something a little more
dynamic here. Does anyone have a suggestion for a nice neat way to
grab this and the network, and mask values. Are they available anywhere
in a convenient user-friendly form?

thanks,

--
Sean