Date:      Thu, 12 Apr 2001 19:03:11 -0500
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        "Seth Hieronymus" <s_hieronymus@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how to change LOCALBASE

Seth Hieronymus <s_hieronymus@hotmail.com> types:
> Hello,
>
> If I wanted to change the location of port installs, is the best way to
> change LOCALBASE?  If so, where is the best place to make the change?

After reading the make.conf man page about PREFIX, LOCALBASE and
X11BASE, set LOCALBASE in /etc/make.conf.

Expect any port that installs perl modules using the standard Perl
tools to break. Expect somewhere between five and ten percent of
what's left to break.  Most of the latter is trivially fixable, and
most of the maintainers appreciate being sent patches to fix such
problems.

Welcome to the FPMC.

	<mike