Date:      Fri, 03 Sep 1999 23:53:32 GMT
From:      mike@sentex.net (Mike Tancsa)
To:        up@3.am
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kernel config 102

On 3 Sep 1999 15:41:58 -0400, in sentex.lists.freebsd.isp you wrote:

>There's clearly something I just don't get about FreeBSD kernel
>configuration here, and I can't seem to find any reference to it.  my
>config file has the following ISA network interfaces commented out:
>
>yet /var/log/messages show some kind of probe attempt:
>
>Sep  3 15:27:32 edward /kernel: config> di ex0
>Sep  3 15:27:32 edward /kernel: No such device: ex0

Look at /boot/kernel.conf. Thats what is generating those messages at
bootup time.  It was created when you did the original install and chose to
disable bits in the Visual Config....

>I'm trying to isolate a problem that happens during soft reboots and was
>wondering if this could have anything to do with it...

Dont think so.

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)
Sentex Communications Corp,
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
"Given enough time, 100 monkeys on 100 routers could setup a national IP network." (KDW2)