Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2002 02:08:22 -0600
From:      Christopher Schulte <schulte+freebsd@nospam.schulte.org>
To:        "Philip Pereira" <info@wintellect.co.uk>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Sendmail - local delivery

Have you read this?

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/mail.html

It's a good place to start.

Read through that first, then if you can formulate a more specific
question, post back to this list.

HINT: to enable sendmail as a daemon, make sure this is in /etc/rc.conf

sendmail_enable="YES"
sendmail_flags="-bd -q30m"

which says, 'Enable sendmail, as a daemon, flushing the queue every 30 minutes'

Then reboot.  Sendmail should be running.

At 08:02 AM 1/10/2002 +0000, Philip Pereira wrote:
>Hey all-knowledgeful-people,
>
>I am a "newbie" and want to configure my FreeBSD box to deliver local mail
>with the default "sendmail", as currently this does not happen. I want to be
>able to send mail to my other machine via the network cable. Please help!
>The configurations are as follows:
>
>Redhat 7.2 workstation
>Name: rhwork.wintellect.com
>IP: 192.168.1.2