Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 1999 13:58:06 +0100
From:      Rasmus Kaj <kaj@raditex.se>
To:        chiajen@ptl.com.tw
Cc:        Rasmus Kaj <kaj@ns.raditex.se>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: mpeg_play-2.4

 WC> I installed the SoundBlaster audio card on my FreeBSD 3.3 with
 WC> KDE window manager. It can play MP3, MIDI and WAV correctly, but
 WC> fail on playing MPEG.

 WC> 1) Excuting: "mpeg_play -dither color source.mpg"

If I remember correctly, and it hasn't been added recently, mpeg_play
supports only the video part of mpeg. There is plenty of layer 3 audio
decoders / players, but as far as I know, no free program exists to
play system streams (i.e. video + audio).

--
Rasmus Kaj ---------------- rasmus@kaj.a.se - http://www.e.kth.se/~kaj/
 \                          What garlic is to food, insanity is to art.