Date:      Mon, 7 Jun 1999 14:07:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        sheldonh@uunet.co.za
Cc:        cpiazza@home.net, mharo@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: ports/www/webglimpse Makefile

 * From: Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>

 * > RUN_DEPENDS+=   ${PREFIX}/etc/apache/httpd.conf:${PORTSDIR}/www/apache13
 * >
 * > It seems to me that that should be LOCALBASE, not PREFIX.

 * I don't think the existing comments are congruent with the original
 * intent behind the variable. Check out the commit message for bsd.port.mk
 * r1.197 .
 *
 * Perhaps Satoshi will be able to clarify this (his variable), but it'd be
 * better raised on the freebsd-ports mailing list.

You guys are right, but which part of the comments do you want me to
change?

===
# X11BASE               - Where X11 ports install things (default: /usr/X11R6).
# LOCALBASE             - Where non-X11 ports install things (default: /usr/local).
# PREFIX                - Where *this* port installs its files (default: ${X11BASE}
#                         if USE_X_PREFIX is set, otherwise ${LOCALBASE}).
===

Maybe I should add a note to the end of PREFIX saying don't use this
for files installed by other ports?

Satoshi